Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
BMJ Best Practice
- click on the logo to access the tool.
What is it? - BMJ Best Practice is a point of care, decision support, tool. It is provided by Health Education England for all NHS staff in England.
How do I access it? - Click on the logo above and login with your NHS OpenAthens username and password. Don't have one? Register online for free here
Click on 'Institutional Login' and type in your organisation when prompted.
Is there an APP? - once you are logged in you can create a BMJ Best Practice personal account to access additional features like the mobile app and CME/CPD activity tracking.
- Make sure you have created a BMJ Best Practice personal account.
- Search for BMJ Best Practice on the App Store or Google Play and click download (available for Android 4.2 (API version 17+), IOS 7 and above)
- Enter your BMJ Best Practice 'personal account' login details and complete the download.
Who can use it? - any NHS member of staff who works in England and who has an NHS OpenAthens account.
What can I use it for? - 'BMJ Best Practice gives medical professionals the best available information for any clinical situation'.
You can use it to:
- search for information on thousands of clinical topics and over 6,000 guidelines
- get step by step guidance via their unique treatment algorithm tables
- stay current with important updates and Cochrane Clinical Answers highlighted with each topic
- Find answers fast using the layout that mirrors the patient consultation
- Check prescription guidance using BNF, BNFC and over 250 medical calculators
- Ensure your ongoing professional development with the automatic CME/CPD tracking
- Access anywhere, online and offline with the BMJ Best Practice app
- Watch videos on common procedures
At Lister - Call us on 01438 285520 or e-mail us on email@example.com
At L&D - Call us on 01582 497201 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org